Hi
Travel to Thailand, uni study and work has kept the blog quiet for a while. I hope to put some photos up of our trip to Thailand to reunite the family soon. We seem to like being in the vicinity of civil disturbances while being completely unaware of them. First we lived unaware of the Mongolia election riots. Now we have blissfully wandered shopping malls in Bangkok on the first day of the anti-government protests (that are still continuing).
This semester at uni I am studying "Environmentalism and Social Contexts". Chris says it is turning me into a raving, loony, greenie. The course is both theoretical and practical. I am loving the psychological/sociological aspects (why do we consume? what would make us feel we were living satisfied lives with value?). I have already had arguments with Chris about wanting to sell up and move to Northcote and retro-fit a house to be sustainable (with a sawdust toilet, compost heap and a big vegie patch).
Anyway, as my small contribution to ongoing discussion about environmental issues I have placed a link to a good website in the lower right hand corner of the blog. If you have the time you should also have a look at the following video on youtube: The End of Suburbia.