Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Spending the day at home



The official Tsaagan Sar holiday goes for three days. Our visiting responsibilities were over on the first day, so we spent Monday at home. Chris and I are trying to get a big food security proposal finished, but somehow the girls find it impossible to entertain themselves when we turn on the laptops, so we took turns in getting involved in fun indoors stuff. Above is what happens when Keira gets her hands on the point and shoot camera. With me taking photos every day to keep up with my 365 Days of Gratitude project (see here) Keira and Alesia both love taking photos now.




When I said they couldn't watch Peter Pan the girl's turned the playroom into a giant cubby, and then held a surprise tea party for my birthday (which is months away, but I was the lucky one). We were under instructions from Alesia to dress up, and she chose Chris' jacket and tie (recognise that pink Mat and Rontania!). I chose my own dress, but it is hiding clothes dusty with flour as I was in the process of making chapatis for dinner when my birthday honor arrived. We are doing "cheers" with our cups of peppermint tea.



Chris decided to take the girl's outside for a while. Soon I was summoned to run outside and take the first photos of Alesia riding her bike without training wheels. She had to practice for a while - note the red cheeks from being outside in the cold. We are looking forward to Saturday - it is predicted to have a high of -5!!!



We also kept busy with some painting. We set up three paint stations (I decided to have a go too) while Chris snuck in some work on his project budget. The girl's discovered my container of glitter, so all the paintings were glammed up, and now there is glitter all over the floor, in Aleisa's hair and pretty much everywhere in the house. Still, it was a nice day in. Tomorrow the girls are going out with Chris and some friends sledding, and I get my turn to spend hours at the computer screen to finish off the proposal.