Chris and the girls stayed home on the weekend of 25 May and I went to Fiji to facilitate strategic planning for the ADRA office there. I was away from the Friday until the Tuesday. We stayed at the Outrigger on the Lagoon Resort. It was pretty nice. The picture above is a panorama shot of the property - but it may not be easy to see. We stayed in the hotel rooms that you can see on the right. These were on a hill and had a nice view of the sea. The thatched rooves you can see are the bure's that other guests stayed in. The place was very quiet - I heard that only 70 of their 240 or so rooms were occupied. The weather was cool, too cool for me to think about using the pool (even if I had a chance) but it was nice to be able to walk around in sandals.
I was working with board members and staf from ADRA Fiji. I don't have a team photo (still waiting for that to be sent to me!) but the above photo was taken by one participant and shows me in full facilitator mode. The group did well and in three days wrote almost their entire strategic plan. I am very happy as the jeans I am wearing are a pre-pregnancy favourite and it was one of my goals to get back into them!
Below is a photo of some of the covered walkways that were throughout the resort. They had a stream tumbling down from the top of the resort to the sea. This was a nice effect and gave a relaxing sound wherever we walked. The gardens were also lush, which meant that most of the accommodation felt quite private even though it was a really big place. Fiji has some great specials on at the moment so if you want a holiday look into it!
Chris and the girls were going to come with me, we even got a passport for Keira. But we decided against it in the end. Sad thing was that both were sick here in Sydney the entire time I was away, so things were a bit hectic for Chris. I picked up a Fiji bug and came back quite sick and am only just getting better now. We have had lots of nights of interupted sleep and have had to be very creative in figuring out ways to get Pandadol into Alesia. Anyway, the past two nights we have all slept through, so hopefully tonight will be the same!


