Things that went well this week
- Keira is not constipated
- It has been sunny and breezy enough for the clothes to dry on the balcony in a few hours
- Capturing Alesia's story about the fish and the monsters - word for word as she sat on the desk (the story started out during one of our conversations after she failed to make it to the toilet).
- Spending two hours with the sister of a fellow ADRA worker and her toddler at the local park and we didn't talk about ADRA once.
- Seeing Keira full of smiles when she wakes up.
- Getting to watch all of West Wing on the ABC without having to walk the floor to settle Keira (Natalie did it).
- Finally hanging the photo frames on the wall and reorganising the book shelf (I guess spring cleaning came late for me this year)
Things that didn’t go so well this week
- Alesia weeing on the floor of the bathroom twice in the space of 15 minutes after holding on for too long before deciding to go to the toilet.
- Alesia rolling on the lounge room floor screaming after I turned the tv off one afternoon.
- Standing on the bathroom vanity to change a light bulb and only finding the small open container of oil Chris had stashed for his hair clippers after I knocked it over and onto Natalie’s toilet bag
- Our car is having problems again.
- Having Alesia jump on me to wake me up when I was trying to take a nap on the couch during Play School one afternoon.
- Noticing mould on the roof of the ensuite bathroom and knowing I am the only one who will notice and think about doing something about it.
Things I have noticed this week:
Dark grape juice starts to taste ordinary when we can have it whenever we want. In PNG it was like holy wine because we couldn't get it easily.
The sun shines directly in the window over our kitchen sink in the morning just when I am washing out all the baby bottles. A shot of bright sunshine on my face for five minutes helps me get over the 3am feed.
Plugging the tv sound into our stereo even makes ABC Kids programs seem more interesting.
Alesia exists to make a mess, from room to room, all day.
It is time to move Keira out of our room, so she can settle herself after the 3am feed without keeping me awake. She doesn't cry, just wriggle, wriggle, kick, snuffle, snuffle, kick, etc.
When Keira smiles none of us can stay in a cranky mood.





