Friday, February 20, 2009

Pretending to live in Elwood



For the past few years we have taken a week during our holidays to rent a house somewhere we would like to live, and pretend that we actually live there. This year we went back to Elwood for a week. Elwood is the more stately cousin of St Kilda. We stayed in a house one block back from the beach, and 5 minutes from trendy cafes. It was an Edwardian semi-detached three bedroom place. I neglected to take a photo of the outside, but I took some of the inside. It was just the kind of place Chris and I would like to live in....well we can keep on dreaming I guess. We won't be living in Elwood though unless one of us sells a kidney or gets an extremely well paid job (can't buy in Elwood on ADRA wages!).



This year we shared the dream with Natalie and her friend Zoe, who stayed with us a few nights. We drank lattes (me with my soy chai), wandered the St Kilda night market, took the girl's to Luna Park (and I didn't take my camera), and ate very expensive meals at St Kilda Baths.