We were watching Play School yesterday and they presenters had covered the studio floor in a drop sheet and were flinging paint onto a giant sheet of paper with different objects. Alesia said "I want to do that!" I thought about it for a minute and figured that we could do a more restrained version. I did have specific painting clothes set aside for the girls, but I am not sure where they have ended up, so singlets and undies it was.
How do I managed to have something big enough for a drop sheet? When we moved in we found a giant banner for North Asia Division meetings 2006 (or something like that). You know those things that form the backdrop to the stage at big church or corporate events. It is covered in photos of worthy church work, but the only use I could find for it was raw material for a giant cubby, and a drop sheet for spatter painting.
We used many objects for splatting the paint - spoons, foam bits, sponges, ends of plastic bottles. I have a cupboard full of saved household stuff that is used for 'craft'. We need to do some more craft, the other day I opened the cupboard and half of it fell on my head. Anyone got an idea of a craft that would use old yogurt pots?
The final result hanging in the girl's gallery. There wasn't room on the wall to hang it in the intended horizontal aspect, so vertical it had to go. I think it looks good - and it definitely adds more colour!




