Monday, April 07, 2008

Rediscovering dress-ups



Monday, strategic planning begins for ADRA Mongolia. Alesia vomits for 18 hours. Tuesday, strategic planning continues. I learn about visiting the doctor at the United Nations compound. Vomiting stops and fevers start. Wednesday, strategic planning continues. So do fevers. Thursday, strategic planning due to be completed today. Back to the doctor for some different medicine. Getting very tired now. New medicine seems to work fairly quickly but Alesia is very weak. Receive a phone call that our boxes from Australia have cleared customs in 24 hours and will be delivered that afternoon. Boxes arrive, I make it to the last few hours of the strategic planning. Friday, start unpacking boxes and spoon feed Alesia, with the threat that if she doesn't eat she won't be strong enough for her birthday party on Sunday. Which also means I have to get all the boxes unpacked before the party on Sunday. Friday night, we all sleep the whole night through...finally.



The arrival of all her toys cheered Alesia up, and she even found the strength to put on some of her dress-ups. Keira joined in and now I am regularly picking up princess dresses, fairy wings and crowns from different parts of the house. Just like being back in Sydney again.