It seems every year for the past three years that we get the chance to visit Thailand. This time we went for an ADRA Australia workshop, me to represent ADRA Mongolia, Chris to get acquainted with the team he will work with when he moves to his new position with ADRA Australia in January. So the girl's got to know another Thai baby sitter while Chris and I sat in meetings all day. But we did get out for a few outings....
The tiny figure in this picture is Chris flying through the rain forest on one of the zip lines in the "Flight of the Gibbons" attraction. Billed everywhere as the best in Thailand, we didn't see any Gibbons, but it was beautiful. I thought I would be scared as the older I get the more nervous I am of heights, but I liked it and Chris was a bit more nervy. From memory there were 16 "flights" and we spent about 90 minutes working through the course.
Our friends from Sydney, who now live in Laos, were also at the same meetings, so Alesia and Keira got to see Hudson and Fin again. Coincidentally we saw Hudson for his birthday last year, and we were able to spend his birthday with him this year. So Alesia and Keira were very happy to party.
One of the main reasons I like to come to Thailand is the fruit...I managed to get some of the end of mango season and the end of rambutan season. Yum....
Good friends from PNG days (Michel and Janathie for those who remember our PNG days) now live in Bangkok, so we were able to visit them on our way back to Mongolia. They have a daughter who has only met Alesia once before. By chance it was her 7th birthday, so Alesia and Keira were very happy to attend another birthday party!
During the birthday party Terence's wife Debbie found us to say hello and give us more mangoes. Alesia was a bridesmaid in their wedding when we visited the Philippines in April this year. She is still working in Bangkok, while Terence gets settled after leaving us in Mongolia to work for ADRA in Sri Lanka.
Another reason we visit Thailand - swimming pools. If you look carefully you can see how vigilant I am in supervising the children in the pool!
So bye bye Thailand - until next year maybe?










