Sunday, September 13, 2009

So much going on, so little time

Hi
I haven't been able to get photos onto the blog for ages. A combination of work, study, travel, social life, packing school lunches etc. That is no excuse and Chris told me off today and said I have to get some photos on the blog before I travel again tomorrow. I have just been told that my 5am flight tomorrow has been delayed until 10am, so I am no longer getting up at 3am, so here are some photos!

Back in August we spontaneously went to Thailand and Laos for a 10 day break. We had a fantastic time. In Thailand we swam, ate a lot and did window shopping. In Laos we stayed with our friends Grant and Jo, and their two boys. The girls played and played (oh to have a house with a big yard) and we went out for coffee and ate tropical fruit. I did keep a journal while there, but don't have time to type it in tonight, so just a few photos for now:



Our girls love to swim, so we spent hours in the pool


Hanging out in the river - this river and waterfall reminded us so much of Lae in PNG



Keira decided that the best way to enjoy the river was by going natural


Grant, Jo, Hudson and Finn


Morning coffee by the Mekong


Roadside stalls selling French Bread - oh how I wish this happened in Mongolia!



Hudson, Alesia and Keira playing games while the big people had brunch



Hudson turned had a birthday during our visit, so cake had to be decorated



Our good friends from PNG, Gabi and Elard, happened to be in Laos at the same time and arranged a surprise visit with us. We were amazed to see them again (they literally walked up to us!)



Dinner out on our last night with Karmen and Jay (friends from Australia) and Grant and Jo

Four days after we returned from our trip Alesia started school (see post below). She is still loving it. She has her first cold of the year and has had one sickie, but otherwise is very happy. We went to the school Fall Fair this weekend and she had fun.